|Title:||Agent of Creativity aka Daycare Teacher - Part Time Evenings|
|Job Type:||Non-exempt (hourly)|
Today’s youth are the leaders of tomorrow! Developing a child’s leaderships skills will impact how they approach opportunities and tackle life’s challenges.
At Klondike Academy, children won’t be put in front of a television with ample amounts of snacks and entertainment to waste the day away. We've created a structured and fun learning environment to keep children engaged and active throughout their academic day.
We’ve chosen a curriculum that engages a child’s creative nature while they conduct hands-on, project-based investigations into the world around them. Teachers will help build our students' confidence, promote positive outcomes, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
At the Klondike Academy, we aren't merely looking for "babysitters". We are looking for positive, high-energy leaders who are always striving for creative ways to teach.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must be creative thinkers with a positive attitude
- Must have either a CDA Credential (child development associate) -or- 18 hours of child development coursework
- If no CDA, must have 6 months previous experience in a childcare setting
- First Aid & CPR certification (we will provide training if necessary)
- Be knowledgeable about and adhere to policies and procedures set forth by the Texas Department of Family Services and Klondike Academy
- Conduct oneself in a positive and professional manner; Be a positive role model for children and peers.
- Carefully supervise and interact with children in safe, fun, and professional manner.
- Able to work independently
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and participate in all activities including large and small group games, arts and crafts, and outdoor activities.
- Take part in planning, coordinating, and implementing activities, clubs, crafts, and special events. Meet assigned deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with parents and staff in a friendly and professional manner concerning the progress of their child and the daily happenings of the program.
We are looking for part time and full time team members.